BGS/BICO Drilling Tools designs and manufactures standard and customized equipment including Down Hole Motors, ThruTubing Motors, PBL Bypass Subs, and Jetting Tools, Non-Mag Collars, Drilling Jars, Shock Absorbers, and Even Wall® Power Sections. BGS/BICO also provides maintenance services in the United States and Internationally
The BGS/BICO line of downhole Motors is specifically designed to perform in harsh drilling conditions. The unparalleled strength and robustness of the motor come from its innovative design, which incorporates proprietary elastomers with Even Wall™ technology to withstand hostile drilling environments. BGS/BICO offers various options of power sections designed for various applications through proprietary brands.
BGS/BICO offers Non-Mag collars for MWD, LWD and Directional Drilling applications, which are manufactured to the customers specifications and design.
Our non-mag material is manufactured by Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Technology (SBOT), a fully owned subsidiary of Schoeller-Bleckmann Oilfield Equipment AG (SBO), who has more than 50 years’ experience in the manufacturing of oilfield equipment.
Located in the Austrian manufacturing region south of Vienna, SBO has more than 100 years of experience in manufacturing specialty steels. The combined efforts of SBOT and SBO, with the latest technology in the areas of metallurgy and precision machining, allow BICO to offer a premium non-mag product vs. the competition
BGS/BICO’s lines of Coiled Tubing Motors are designed specifically for the harsh conditions you encounter every day. The unique Power Sections offer radically improved performance in extreme temperatures, chemical, nitrogen or other environments where aromatics have hindered motor performance in the past. This proven technology uses a thin layer of rubber over a steel lobe to overcome hysteresis, which could lead to chunking or premature failure.
BGS/BICO’s technology has been field proven for over a decade. It will complete jobs where others fail such as difficult cleanouts, fishing, cutting under reaming or milling operations. Some operators have included BICO technology in their well prognosis based on previous performance.
- Even layer of rubber
- Reduced rubber swelling in temperature or nitrogen environments
- Two times the power of conventional stators
- Does not lose RPM under loaded conditions like conventional stators
- Spiral design transfers heat from rubber to the steel outer tube. This design results in less chunking due to hysteresis because there is less rubber.
- Longer life in many conventional applications like washing out sand plugs
Even Wall® Technology Advantage
BGS/BICO SpiroStar Power Sections are specifically designed to perform in harsh drilling conditions. The unparalled strength and robustness of the motor comes from its innovative design, which incorporates proprietary elastomers with Even Wall® technology to withstand hostile drilling environments.
SpiroStar incorporate Even Wall® performance with unique uniform rubber thickness that provides unparalleled strength and ability to withstand harsh environments.
SpiroStar Supreme is the next generation of Even Wall® power section technology. All SpiroStar Supreme power sections have approximately 30% less rubber than previous generation SpiroStar stators. Dynamometer testing has confirmed that SpiroStar Supreme power sections maintain speed, and deliver higher output torque output compared to other high performance power sections.
The BGS/BICO-Faster double-acting hydraulic mechanical drilling jar is our newly redesigned, bidirectional drilling jar. What separates our jar from the competition is our patented spline design geometry and shortened stroke length, enhancing hydraulic oil transfer for improved operational performance of the jar.
- Patented spline design geometry and shortened stroke lengths to enhance hydraulic oil transfer and operational performance of the jar
- Variable Time Delivered Impact Force Hydraulically Controlled in Both Directions
- Integral Adjustable Mechanical Lock/Latch System
- Hydrostatically Balanced
- Large Bore: ID 2-1/4”
- Reliable: High Yield Material Construction and Quality Sealed
- Safety clamp is not required when configured as a double-acting hydraulic-mechanical drilling jar
- Adjustable Latch Setting
BGS/BICO FASTER Shock Tools are used to greatly reduce shocks and vibrations in drilling applications to enhance performance and provide a much smoother drilling operation.
The specially designed, oil bathed disc springs absorb and dampen both natural and induced vibrations. Penetration rates can improve because cutters stay in contact with the formation more often instead of bouncing. Cutter and bearing life are often increased by minimizing the chipping of cutter inserts and by the reduction of peak loading on bearings. The reduced axial vibration leads to increased life for the drill string and other rig components, which can include downhole electronic instrumentation such as MWD tools.
BGS/BICO FASTER Shock Tools are available in a variety of sizes and they can be specifically configured to accommodate either low weights on bit, as would be encountered with PDC bit, or high weights on bit that you encounter with traditional rock bits.
- Bidirectional Shock Tool
- Designed to Work Independently or with Axial Vibration Tool
- Hydrostatically Balanced
- Optimum Spring Rates to Improve ROP, Improve Weight Transfer, and Reduce Friction
- Large Bore
- Reliable: High Yield Material Construction and Quality Seals Design
- High Temperature Applications (up to 400 degF)
- Patented spline design geometry enhances hydraulic oil transfer and operational performance of the shock tool
The BGS/BICO line of downhole Drilling Motors is specifically designed to perform in harsh drilling conditions. The unparalleled strength and robustness of the motor comes from its innovative design, which incorporates proprietary elastomers with EvenWall™ technology to withstand hostile drilling environments. BGS/BICO offers various options of power sections designed for various applications through proprietary brands.
BGS/BICO’s downhole drilling motors are a highly rugged and efficient positive displacement motor. The motor converts the drilling fluid’s hydraulic energy into mechanical energy in the form of torque and rotational speed. This conversion is accomplished through the use of a spiral rotor that fits into a stator of similar shape, to form a tight seal.
BGS/BICO motors are available in configurations ranging from low-speed / hightorque models to our high-speed performance motors. All of these tools incorporate features that reduce maintenance costs, lower inventory requirements, and ensure reliable performance.
- Tool Sizes – 1-11/16”- 12”
- Premium hard rubber & EvenWall™ design
- Higher temperature ratings
- Chemical resistance
- Short-bit-to-bend options
- Improved performance capability
- Increased ROP; reduced NPT
- Consistency, reliability and longevity
- Optimization capabilities
- Significant economic savings